Howdy! I am Sufyan bin Uzayr, and if you’re reading this, there is a good chance that you came here via one of my articles elsewhere on the internet.
I am a writer, web designer and developer, historian, political analyst, and coffee-lover.
I write about a diverse list of topics: politics, history, society, sports, and most importantly, web design/development and technology. I build websites, code and debug stuff, and work with databases.
I have a Master’s degree in History, and a Majors (Honours) in English Literature.
There are a lot many things that I am currently associated with, such as:
- I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Globe Monitor, an e-magazine that focuses on international affairs, global economy and diplomacy.
- I run Quranic Quotes, a rather popular venture that presents quotes and verses from The Quran against a backdrop of images.
- I am the News Editor at SpeckyBoy Design Magazine, and the CMS Expert at Noupe.
- Of course, as already mentioned, I design and develop websites, and also offer web hosting and consultancy services to a select number of folks.
- Earlier, I have worked as the Editor-in-Chief at 1stWebDesigner.com
Most of my writings can be divided into two broad sub-heads:
1. Web Design/Development and Technology
I write about web design, typography, web development, databases and server management, as well as UI and UX design. I have experience with various open source Content Management Systems and a background in Linux.
I regularly blog at Code Carbon.
2. Politics, Society and History
I write about foreign policy, diplomacy, international law, war and peace, and other related topics. I also address genres such as religion, Islamophobia, and neo-colonialism.
Almost all of my political articles can be found at my other blog, Political Periscope.
Additionally, you can check out my articles at verticals such as International Policy Digest, Foreign Policy Journal, Foreign Policy in Focus, CounterPunch, Eurasia Review, Dissident Voice, Center for Research on Globalization, The Hill and AlterNet.
I am the author of two books (well, couple of others are in the pipeline).
- “Sufism: A Brief History”: This book discusses the evolution and growth of mysticism within Islam and traces its roots in history. Check it out at Amazon.
- “concrete5 For Developers”: This book teaches you everything you need to know to get started with web development using concrete5. Find it at Packt Pub and Amazon.